Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Moment's Pause - to be Continued...



Thanks to Shari, some time ago, there was posted a WIP, one of a pintail duck - and a fine WIP




it is.... however, no more has come to be posted... so - tho this will be a very intermittently done one, I am going to post my ongoing 32"x40" full color rendering, "My Bigger Back Yard", in part as perhaps a tutorial of techniques being worked out as

I progress along... in part, also, as an ongoing explanation of my thinking processes, so others may find something of use in advancing their own explorations of their respective rendering ideas and
how maybe to expand on them...


What is first seen here is the fore ground, which will over look a vast canyon curved around a bend, and








all the various parts of some of the ideas I've had for what I'd like in the way of seeing in an expanded version of my back yard...








These close-ups constitute stages in my coloring of the grasses... initially, light green was laid on the blades... then sap green was added for the shade areas... afterwards, emerald green was added to cover for the deep shade areas between the blades, as well as to add some detailing of the blades themselves... lastly, so far, is the ongoing of adding lemon yellow to the lit parts of the blades... from there, I will then begin the coloring of the stones - and lastly, for the foreground, the rest of the grasses, those on the left side....

THEN will begin 'seeing' into the vastness of the distance...

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, you are inking each piece of grass!! That is some incredible work.
    What brand of ink are you using?

    ReplyDelete